This gal is 12 today.
Instead of throwing one big party with too many presents (mama's opinion only) and lots of friends and too much work stress for mama, we let the children enjoy an entire week of birthday fun.
This week was our ballerina's birthday week:
- Day 1: Shopping at the local mall with mama, little sis, and Nana after O'Charley's and before Starbucks
- Day 2: A movie (G-Force) with the family then a dolphin cruise with Nana and Popo
- Day 3: The Day of Surprises: Getting her hair done, then picking up 2 friends for shopping in our quaint little town and a picnic on the Bay
- Day 4: An afternoon at the beach (until sunset!)
- Day 5 (today): The Birthday: Her choice of meals, a game together, an afternoon in the river, kayaking and swimming, then a cake and gift party with just the family.
I hope our ballerina realizes how special she is to us. She is truly as beautiful inside as out. Train up your boys right, mamas – we're going to need to find her a good one someday!
Happy Birthday, ballerina. It has been a week full of lovely memories with you.
And now… I will crash for the next full week.