Remember when I said I was empty and needed a fill-up? Well, it took 3 days, not 2, but I've managed to find my inspiration again. From this list, I did the ones highlighted:
The Somethings like…
- sit by the river
- watch a kid – or four – play without electronics
- sew a baby quilt for the neighbor we really should get to know (not completed yet)
- make brownies (well, our 13yo did)
- lick the brownie bowl
- sort the yarn or fabric again, just to feel them
- kayak on our lazy river
- lazily watch a butterfly or a hummingbird
- pet a lazy cat. Or three. (what a "lazy" girl I've been!)
- read a feel-good book
- read my Bible
- copy a Biblical Psalm onto paper
- write whatever comes to mind
- snap a photo (can't believe it, but I didn't!)
- play a card or board game with a kid or a husband
We have kayaked or canoed (with the motor! — keeping up with that "lazy" theme I have going ) four days in a row. I hope to keep that streak going. The river is cold and clear — you can see every leaf floating above its sandy floor. I wish I could take you all there to see the dappled sunlight and hear the birds.
On Labor Day evening, Tim and I took the motorcycle down to the beach for dinner and a concert. There is nothing like being on the back of a motorcycle behind the man you trust most in this world.
Thanks for your encouragement during my drought. I'm reading to create again!