- been a tiny bit stressed about our little unemployment Problem
- been spending too much time online, thanks to my other blog
- had red eyes and a sore neck, thanks to my other blog
- been bringing in some pocket change, thanks to my other blog
But. I've hit empty, creatively, and need a fill up, so, on Friday and today, I…
- went to a card-making day with several ladies and my 13yo ballerina
- picked up John Mayer & Owl City tickets that I won
- went to Orange Beach with the family,
where our little guy…
- caught 3 small fish
and, our little gal…
- caught a fishing pole
Seriously. A fishing pole.
Life has been weird like that. Good/not so good/strange/great/okay/weird, all in one day.
But I know what to do:
- turn off the computer
- turn off the TV
- turn off the other mind-fuddling gadgets
- turn on the music. Or off.
- Do nothing.
- Or something.
- But only do the "somethings" that inspire creativity & beauty & simplicity
The Somethings like…
- sit by the river
- watch a kid – or four – play without electronics
- sew a baby quilt for the neighbor we really should get to know
- make brownies
- lick the brownie bowl
- sort the yarn or fabric again, just to feel them
- kayak on our lazy river
- lazily watch a butterfly or a hummingbird
- pet a lazy cat. Or three.
- read a feel-good book (need one! please recommend one?)
- read my Bible
- copy a Biblical Psalm onto paper
- write whatever comes to mind
- snap a photo
- play a card or board game with a kid or a husband (mine, yes)
I'm giving myself permission to use the next two days – Sunday and Monday, Labor Day – to fill up. If you need permission, then I hereby grant it to you, too, for we can only give what we have.