Sewing for Boys is the book I wish I had when my fellows were little. I had to make do with Simplicity patterns of rompers, when what I really wanted to sew was a fisherman hat, a gentleman's suit, a hoodie with a secret pocket….Those are a few of the patterns in this new book by Shelly Figueroa and Karen LePage.
Sewing for Boys includes 24 patterns for boys ages newborn to 7 years old. The patterns include:
- A collared shirt & pants
- A romper
- Fishing hat
- Linen shirt and sweat pants
- Short or long-sleeved tee & pants
- Swim trunks
- Out-on-the-town jacket & suit pants
- Suspender shorts
- Treasure pocket pants and hoodie with secret pocket
- Two-in-one jacket (pictured below)
- Flannel robe
- Race car playmat
- An art project carry all
- A Lego carry all
- "T-shirt triage" (repurposing a favorite t-shirt)
- A bag
- Patchwork Blanket
I'm glad I have a nephew due next month!
Bottom Line: I really do like this book! Favorite features:
- The book is spiral-bound, so lies flat
- Patterns are included in a little box at the front of the book (so no photocopying or tearing them out of the book!)
- There are a lot of photos and illustrations for us visual types
Would I Buy It? I know craft patterns can be found online for free, but to save myself from the hassle of finding them, to hold a pretty book in my sewing room, and to have those handy patterns, and since Amazon has it on sale for $15.18 (39% off the cover price), yep, I'd buy it.
I was given a book for this review, but not otherwise compensated. I only post reviews of products I actually like. If you purchase through my link to Amazon, I get a little referral commission (thanks!), but please don't feel like you have to purchase it there or through my link.