The first of the year is always an exciting time for me. Not only is it … the First of the Year, but it's also the a new birth year for me (my birthday is on New Year's Eve). Each new year, I jot down some goals, or resolutions, for the upcoming year.
I have business goals and homeschooling goals, but I also have a few personal goals. Each of these goals must be:
- interesting to me
- improve me in some way
Like a friend said in an email last week, "I never put 'lose weight' on the list because that's always just a big never-ending continual goal of goals and nightmare. sigh." I'll also add the excuse that losing weight doesn't increase my learning. I already know how, it's the doing that's so hard.
But, quickly, on to other things….
Here's my list of Things to Be Sure to Do in 2012:
- Set up my new weaving loom – and weave something
- Spin yarn from fiber with my barely-ever-used spinning wheel
- Walk more days than not
- Learn to cook quick, fast, healthy meals without a recipe (like a tv chef! …or a hibachi grill guy) Do you have any food blog suggestions, or favorite recipes to help me out?
- Write every morning. Something. Somewhere. (and blog here a few times a week!)
- Learn the settings on my camera, so I can take pictures when the world is not perfectly lit.
- Go to the beach every month (because I want the kids to have memories of a year of beach days)
I want to add a few more items, but that's the list so far. I try to keep it at about 10 items so I'm sure to meet each goal. And when I accomplish one, like weaving, I often replace it with another.
Did you make any resolutions, goals, to-do lists this year? Please share. You inspire me so.